Features of Java
Java provides very good features which are better as compared to C/C++. These features are:
- Simple: Java is easy to learn because most of the complex features of C/C++ like pointers, operator overloading, etc. are not provided in Java.
- Secure: Java programs run within the JVM which protects from unauthorised access to system resources.
- Platform Independent/Portable: Java program can be executed on any kind of machine containing any CPU or operating system.
- Architecture Neutral: Since it can run on any operating system, so it is architecture-neutral.
- Robust: Java is robust because of having strong memory management, no pointers, exception handling, type checking mechanism, platform-independent.
- Multi-threaded: Java allows us to write a program that can do many things simultaneously.
- Object-Oriented: Java follows OOPs model that helps to break the complex code into easy to understand objects.