Update Set Overview 3
How to move Update set from one instance to another instance of Service Now.
The update set those marked as complete can be moved from one instance to another. When the customization or the requirement assigned has been completed then we can move those customization to test instance for testing or move to production instance so that it would be available to end users.
Below are the steps to move update set from one instance to another:
Here you are selecting the required update set and exporting it to XML
- login as Administrator (The instance where you have created the update set)
- Type Local update set on the left side filter navigator
- Click on Local Update Sets
- Open the Update set you want to move
- Navigate to Related Links (available on the mid of the form)
- Click on Export to XML link
- Save it to any location of your system.
Now as we have the XML of the required update set. So now we import this XML to instance where we want it to be.
- Login as Administrator (The instance where you want to move the update set)
- Type “Update set” in left side filter navigator
- Click on Retrieved Update Sets
- Navigate to Related Links.
- Click on “Import Update Set from XML”
- Click on Browse and Select the XML you have saved in your System.
- After Selecting click on Upload Button
- Now once it gets imported, it will be displayed in the list.
- Find the imported update set and click on Update set Name
- Click on Preview Update Set button available on the top
- Once the preview is completed, commit update set button get appears.
- Click on Commit update set button and your update set will get moved to the instance and now the customization is also available in this instance.