Benefits of Amazon Elastic Beanstalk
Now that we understand what is Elastic Beanstalk in AWS and how does Elastic beanstalk work, let now understand what are the benefits of using Elastic Beanstalk. So, Elastic Beanstalk provides the user with several benefits and they are:
- Easy to start with
- Autoscaling options
- Developer productivity
- Management and updates
Let’s discuss all the benefits in detail.
Easy to start with
- The fastest and easy way to upload your application and keep it running is uploading it to Elastic Beanstalk.
- You need not worry about the platform of your application, you can create it on your local system and upload it.
- Beanstalk takes care of scaling up or down whenever required. If your application’s traffic increases or decreases, beanstalk automatically scales it accordingly.
- Developers don’t need to think much about uploading their application online, they only have to concentrate on keeping their application more secure and user friendly.
- AWS Elastic Beanstalk allows you to select the configuration of your AWS services which you have used with your application. For example consider Amazon EC2, you can change the instance type which is optimal for your application. Also, if you want to take control of some services manually, you can change the settings according to it.
- There is no cost involved in creating a Beanstalk environment. When there is a need for making it into production of the application, then you can create your application bigger.
Management and Updates
- You don’t need to worry about updating your application according to the change in the platform. The software patches, platform updates, and the infrastructure management is taken care by the AWS professionals.