Elements of JSP
JSP directives are used for controlling the processing of a JSP page. Directives provide information to the server on how the page should be processed.
- Page and Taglib directive – Page directive and it’s attributes in detail along with the introduction of taglib directive.
- Include Directive – Includes the page to the current page during JSP to servlet translation.
- Include directive with parameters – This guide will help you learn how to pass parameters and their values to another page while using include directive.
We can use java code in JSP using scriptlets. The JSP container moves the scipetlet content into the _jspService() method which is available to the server during processing of the request.
Scriptlet tutorial – It will help you learn how to use scriptlet in JSP.
They are used for performing an action during request processing phase of JSP life cycle.
- Action tags introduction – An introduction to all the available action tags in JSP
- Include action tag – This tag is used for including a file to the current JSP during request processing (dynamically).
- Include action tag with parameters – <jsp:include> and <jsp:param> example for passing parameters while including another page to the current page.
- forward action tag – It is used for redirecting the request to another page.
- useBean, setProperty and getProperty action tags – Learn how to use bean class in JSP.
Expression tag – Mainly used for displaying the content on the browser by sending back the result to client through response object.
Declaration tag – Learn how to declare variables and methods in JSP.